When to complete this form
Click here for information about variations of consent or conditions.
Use this form if you are seeking to do one or more of the following:
- Change the wording of an existing consent
- Vary special conditions (including time extensions to comply with conditions)
- Revoke conditions of consent where consent would no longer be required due to changes to the Overseas Investment Act 2005 made by the Overseas Investment (Urgent Measures) Amendment Act 2020 i.e. the 'automatic standing consents' in Schedule 1AA.
If you are seeking a variation to an exemption that was granted, please contact us about it before applying.
Information about this application
The information in this application will be relied upon by the decision-maker. It is important that you provide us with accurate and complete information. It is an offence to make a false or misleading statement or material omission in any information or document provided to the Overseas Investment Office under Section 46.
The OIO may use relevant legislation to share details of this application with other agencies to the extent permitted by law and as required to complete the application process.
Please be concise and use plain English when completing the application.
Tables, diagrams, maps, schedules etc should be uploaded as appendices to your application.
You will need the following to complete the application
- Original consent details
- Evidence and documents such as:
- Documentation showing changes to the Consent Holder
- Passports of new key individual(s) in colour
- Marked up version of the original consent showing requested variation(s)
- Any other relevant documentation in support of your application
Download this document for a full list of questions and documents you need for this application.
Fees and payment
The fee for this application is NZD $13,000.00 including GST.
You will receive an invoice from the office following your application.
The OIO does not have the power to exempt, waive, discount or refund fees.
The OIO will not refund fees if an application is withdrawn, declined or the OIO finds that no application was required.
We will start to process your application when we receive all the information we need, and the full and correct application fee.
Our standard processing timeframe for a variation application is up to 40 working days.
Saving draft applications
You may want to save a draft to return to later, register an account through the log in button in the menu above.
After you are logged in you will see a Save draft button at the bottom of each online form step.
There will be a draft submissions button at the top of the page to access previously saved drafts.