Before you begin
- To view the questions this form will ask, see: Notification call-in transaction question summary.
- We recommend you allow at least 45 minutes of uninterrupted time to complete the form.
- Following submission of the form, a copy of your submission will be sent to the contact address you provide.
Who must notify us of a transaction
Complete this form if you are an overseas person, or an associate of an overseas person, and you are investing in one or both of the following:
- 25% or more shares in New Zealand business assets, or the increasing of a holding to a level beyond 50%, 75%, or 100%
- Property used in carrying on business in New Zealand that effectively amounts to a change in control of it.
Do not use this form if the transaction needs consent under the Overseas Investment Act 2005. To find out if your transaction needs consent under the Act, see Find out if you need consent to invest in New Zealand.
What you will need to complete this form
Have the following information ready before completing this form:
- Information about who is acquiring the asset
- Information about the business you are investing in, including its industry
- Financial statements for the past two years for the business you are investing in
- Copies of the passport identity page for each individual, trustee, or director involved in the transaction
- A structure diagram showing full legal and beneficial ownership of the investor.
Please note that you must upload the supporting documents at the time you submit the form. We cannot accept any documents or submission information by email. Our assessment will not begin until all relevant information is received.
We strongly advise a professional legal or investment advisor completes this form as it is technical in nature. Incomplete or inadequate information could result in delays processing the notification.
For general guidance, contact the Overseas Investment Office:
- If you are in New Zealand 0800 665 463
- If you are overseas +64 7 974 5595
- Email: email@example.com