Information about this form
- Tax information is requested under Section 38A of the Overseas Investment Act 2005. The detailed requirements are found in Regulation 69C of the Overseas Investment Regulations 2005 (available online from late July 2021). You can also find more information on our website.
- The information attached to this form will not be used by the Overseas Investment Office (OIO) to decide if you are eligible for consent to invest in sensitive New Zealand assets. It will be transferred directly and securely to Inland Revenue (IR) for assessment.
- IR will advise us if any additional information is required, and we will contact you to obtain this.
- After you submit this form a confirmation will be sent to the contact address you provide.
Before you begin
- Select Menu > Log in above so you can save your form as a draft and come back to it later.
- Download IR's Required tax information form. This will tell you what documentation you must upload with this webform.
- Please note that you must upload the supporting documents at the time you submit the form. We won't accept any initial documents or submission information by email.
Please note that you must upload the supporting documents at the time you submit the form. We can't accept any documents or submission information by email.
We recommend you seek professional advice when completing this form, due to its technical nature. Incomplete or inadequate information could result in your application for consent not being accepted.
For general guidance, contact the Overseas Investment Office:
- If you are in New Zealand 0800 665 463
- If you are overseas +64 7 974 5595
- Online through our contact us form.